Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Beveling Sheer Clamps Down



The next step is to bevel the sheer clamp and chine log so they fit when we put the bow (front) and stern (rear) together. If we didn't bevel the bow, the boat ends wouldn't go together correctly. The first thing we had to do in the process is trim the sheer clamp and chine log down with the saw until it was close to done. Then we took the plane and the Surform and shaved it down until it was able to fit perfectly. We had to do the same procedure at both ends of the boat. Although at the bow we did not have to bevel the wood, we just cut it right off. And that is the step of beveling the sheer clamp and chine log down.

I had fun hanging out with Cody and Ryan. It's easier to work with just them two instead of everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, this is info on how to improve your post.

What is a sheer clamp and chine log? I think Dan was supposed to explain it, but he didn't; I'm still unclear.

What is beveling and why do I need to do it?

What has to fit together? you said something about fitting something together...

What is that extra sentence below that line it sounds like you are answering a question, or trying to tell me something, what are you telling me?

Hans Mundahl said...

This looks like an interesting project - I have many similar questions as the commenter above.

I'm curious and I'd like to learn more!

I did a little post about the project over at my blog - check it out. www.burleighmt.blogspot.com