Thursday, May 1, 2008

how to put it all together


First you put the sides together and match them up. Then you get the appropriate size drill bit and drill a hole through the bow and stern about an inch apart it is about 18-20 holes. We do this so the boat can stand up and it is also easier to work on. We used the stitch and glue process to attach the bow and the stern. We also use the stitch and glue process because it is easier to work with than nailing it or screwing it. After you put the bow and stern together you take car bondo and put it were the to sides come together at the bow and the stern this makes a fill.

The part I enjoyed is when we did the fiberglass and the fill. I liked it the most because I have alot of experience with fiberglass because that is what I made my BMX ramps with.

No comments: